Friday, October 14, 2011

Quarterly

I have read a lot more this quarter than I have in a while.  When I was younger I read all of the time but as I grew older I stopped reading for the most part.  I went from knowing what books I was going to read next months in advanced and having the librarians know me by name to not being able to figure out what book I was going to read for this class next.  The most challenging reading by far is literary.  Popular books are more fun to read and overall easier to read and follow than literary.  I really enjoyed reading The Help.  Not only was it funny with a great plot line it was inspirational and just a great book.  That was probably my favorite book of the semester by far.  I usually read at night around 8:00 or so and it is not for an extremely long time in one sitting.  I also read during third period where I'm a teacher's assistant.  I will usually read in my room with some light music playing in the background.  I think a challenge I need to place for myself is putting my phone downstairs when I'm reading upstairs in my room.  I get distracted when my friends text me which makes me stop reading too early.

No comments:

Post a Comment